Patrick Lamb joined the firm in 1988. Mr. Lamb is a member of the firm’s board of directors and is a past director of the firm’s Business Practice Group.
Mr. Lamb focuses his practice on corporate, commercial and business matters. He serves as outside general counsel to a wide variety of closely-held businesses. His practice involves significant work in the following areas:
- New entity start-up formations and financing
- Corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions of businesses
- Commercial loan transactions
- Preparation and negotiation of complex business agreements, including joint venture agreements, supply and service agreements and licensing and distribution agreements
- Ongoing corporate governance and counseling matters
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Lamb has been named by Washington Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in the state for each of the years 2003, 2005-2007 and 2021-2022. And, in 2006, he was named one of Puget Sound’s Top Business Lawyers by Seattle Business Magazine.
Mr. Lamb was recognized by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine as one of King County’s “Top Lawyers 2010.” Seattle Metropolitan Magazine culled its list using the Martindale-Hubbell® ratings. He has been awarded an “AV” Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. This rating is given to attorneys who demonstrate the highest ethical standards and professional ability.
- JD, cum laude, University of Puget Sound School of Law (now Seattle University School of Law), 1988; Associate Editor of University of Puget Sound Law Review, 1987-88
- BA, cum laude, Washington State University, 1985, Honors Program
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1988
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Lead counsel to a large West Coast Freight-Forwarder and Logistics company in a $45M sale to a large private equity company.
- Lead counsel to a local coffee company in the $40M divestiture of its wholesale coffee business to a large, publicly held coffee company.
- Lead counsel to a large, privately held company specializing in manufacturing, selling equipment and services for outside access cleaning and repair of large commercial buildings in a $40M sale to a large private equity firm.
- Lead counsel to a local electronics merchandising company, a products leader, in connection with an $18M sale of preferred stock to an established West Coast private equity firm.
- Lead counsel to an industry leading software company with a back-office platform serving the national flood insurance industry in its $25M sale of preferred stock to a large East Coast private equity fund making a non-control investment.
- Lead counsel to one of the largest privately-held construction companies in the Northwest in connection with a $50M sale to a major national and international construction firm.
- Counsel to a large independent paper mill in connection with the sale and lease-back of a multiple turbine generator electric power facility to a local public utility.
- Lead counsel to the seller in the $65M sale of a prominent West Coast flooring company to a platform company controlled by a large Midwest private equity group.
- Lead counsel to a Northwest logistics company that operated a rail-focused transportation business, in its $15M sale to a publicly traded company.
- Lead counsel to a premium start-up toy company in a share exchange transaction valued at $40M involving a major New York toy company.
- Lead counsel to a local industrial supply company in a $25M asset sale transaction to a strategic industry leader.
- Lead corporate counsel to an industry leader marine and bridge construction company in a $250M sale to an employee stock ownership plan group.
- Lead counsel for one of Washington’s largest credit unions in the spinoff of a document preparation software platform to a strategic buyer.
- Lead corporate and transaction counsel to a large, local coffee company in the bankruptcy sale of all of its assets including over 75 company-owned and licensed retail coffee shops.
- Lead counsel to an electronics technology company owned by a major West Coast private equity firm in a $50M asset sale to a large Midwest private equity firm.
- Lead counsel to an industry leading electronics company in the spin-off of division of its business to a Fortune 500 company.
- Lead counsel to an industry leading marine transportation company in its acquisition of a Houston, Texas based competitor.
- Lead counsel to an industry leading environmental instrumentation manufacturer in its merger with a large environmental sciences company.
- Lead counsel to a minority partner in a buyout by the minority partner of a majority partner’s interest in the Northwest’s leading office furniture and design company.