Our Legal Services
Startups, Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
Carney’s Startup Team helps startups turn visionary ideas into thriving businesses. Whether you are a first-time founder, or a seasoned serial entrepreneur, we can help you navigate each stage of your company’s growth. Clients who partner with us can expect experienced guidance, a team approach, and efficient work. We counsel startups on strategic decisions throughout their entire company life cycle, from inception to exit, always with an eye on anticipating future challenges.
Our services include:
- Company formation and equity structure
- Financings, including convertible notes, SAFEs, and preferred stock offerings
- Stock options, stock awards, and other forms of equity compensation
- Corporate governance
- Federal and state securities laws compliance
- Licensing and commercial transactions, including software licenses, terms of service, distributor and supply agreements, and IP transactions
- Privacy policies and compliance
- Employee and independent contractor agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Acqui-hire transactions
- Tax planning
- Cap table management
- Management and support during the due diligence process
- Formation of investment funds and special purpose entities
Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide range of expertise. Our team-oriented approach empowers clients to work with lawyers who are adept at understanding their technology, products and business models and providing well-rounded solutions.
Many of our clients have graduated from renowned accelerator programs such as Y Combinator and Techstars. Our client base spans a wide range of industry sectors, including:
- Artificial intelligence
- VR and AR
- Video games
- Internet of Things
- Mobile app development
- Wearable technology
- Web3 and blockchain
- Life sciences, biotech, medical devices
- Food and beverage
- Sustainable agriculture
- Social purpose companies
We also represent sources of capital, including angel investors, venture capital funds, banks, and other lenders. As a result, we possess a comprehensive understanding of financing deals from both sides of the negotiating table.
Let’s embark on your startup journey together. Contact us to discuss how Carney’s Startup Team can fuel your success.