Rob Weber joined Carney Badley Spellman in 2008, and is the Chair of Carney’s Real Estate Practice Group. He focuses his law practice on real estate and corporate transactions, with an emphasis on commercial leasing. He represents landlords and tenants in commercial, retail, office, tech and medical lease negotiations, including drafting, reviewing, and revising related lease documents. Rob represents multiple retail and shopping center developers with all aspects of their centers, from their retail leasing needs to development of new and existing centers.
Rob also represents owners and purchasers in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties, including shopping centers and commercial, tech, office and mixed-use properties. He has represented purchasers and sellers of real estate and businesses through escrow and closing, and has served as the escrow agent in multiple transactions. In addition, he has represented banks, and private and commercial lenders with commercial, construction and real estate secured loans, and work-outs and short sales of distressed real estate.
Rob handles the formation of business entities for operating businesses and clients acquiring real estate. He has represented creditors in bankruptcy cases and foreclosures, and eviction and unlawful detainer proceedings. His business practice includes the representation of a wide variety of businesses, including high tech companies, web designers, retail stores, convenience stores and gas stations. He drafts all types of business contracts and agreements, as well as a broad range of real estate documents and agreements, including deeds, easements and other real estate related documents.
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Weber was listed in Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in Washington State for 2010.
- JD, Seattle University School of Law, 1996
- BA, University of Washington, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- “Negotiating the Commercial Lease, Landlord Tenant Law in Washington,” Lorman Foundation Seminar, 2014, 2013 and 2012
- “Commercial Lease Provisions and Issues, Commercial & Residential Landlord Tenant Law,” Sterling Education Services, Inc, 2013
- “Acquiring the Land, Real Estate Development From Beginning to End in Washington,” Lorman Foundation Seminar, 2006
- “The Art of Leasing, Real Estate Development from Beginning to End,” Lorman Foundation Seminar, 2006
- Roosevelt Baseball Club, past president
- Laurelhurst Beach Club, former member board of directors and vice president
- Assumption-St. Bridget School, former president of parent board
- Pacific Northwest Alumni of Alpha Delta Phi, former treasurer
- The Harbor Club Seattle, Inc., former member of board of governors
- The Little School, Bellevue, WA, former member of board of trustees
- Slingerland Institute for Literacy, Bellevue, WA, former member of board of trustees