Renee Li is an associate in the firm’s Business practice group. She focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. She counsels clients on business formation, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, financing, and commercial transactions. Once an entrepreneur herself, Renee cares about her clients’ business needs and priorities and delivers practical solutions for their business and legal issues.
Prior to joining Carney Badley Spellman, Renee worked at a law firm in China advising institutional and high-net-worth individual clients on cross-border investment, business structures, and tax planning. She also gained experience in e-commerce and privacy law practice from working as the in-house counsel for a Seattle health-tech startup. During law school, she worked at an international law firm on mergers and acquisitions and completed an externship working for the General Counsel of the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions. Renee is fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- JD, University of Washington School of Law, 2015
- King County Bar Foundation Scholar: 2013-2014
- Senior Managing Editor, Washington International Law Journal
- MA, University of Warwick, 2011
- MA, University of San Francisco, 2009
- BA, Nanjing Forestry University, 2007
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington, 2019
- State of Illinois, 2016
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association