Scott Penner joined the Carney firm in 1989.
Mr. Penner has extensive experience in construction law, insurance coverage and subrogation.
- He advises contractors, owners and design professionals on the wide variety of issues that may be encountered on construction projects. He has many years of experience handling construction disputes, contract issues, insurance coverage questions and design professional liability claims.
- He advises insurance industry and policyholder clients on insurance coverage issues.
- He represents insurance companies and their insureds in subrogation recovery after casualty losses.
- Scott has also represented shipyards and public agencies on state and federal vessel construction projects.
He is admitted to practice in the states of Washington, California, Oregon, Alaska and the United States Court of Federal Claims.
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Penner has been named by Washington Super Lawyers Magazine as one of the top attorneys in the state for each of the years 2004-2023. He is listed in the Super Lawyers Business Edition 2013-2018 and is listed in Best Lawyers in America for Construction Law, Insurance Law and Construction Litigation 2013-2024.
Mr. Penner is also AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- State of California
- State of Alaska
- State of Oregon
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central, District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Alaska
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- State and local Bar Associations
- Northwest Insurance Coverage Association
- The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- The Propeller Club